Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What is Triamcinolone Acetonide cream and how does it work?

my dermatologist prescribed this to me 3 days ago for my skin. Im a brown skin african american female, i have really dry skin, dark blotches, bad bug bites, dark knees and elbows, and i suffered from eczema years back which cleared up but left dark marks.... anyways so she prescribed me Triamcinolone Acetonide 0.1% cream and said it would even out my skin tone and make my skin much softer... and it would lighten my skin color about 1 shade lighter...





i really need something that works because i dont want to spend alot of money or something that doesnt work :-/





how affective will this be for me?


will it actually lighten my skin tone and even out my skin color?


will it get ride of my dark bug bites and dark blotches?








any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!What is Triamcinolone Acetonide cream and how does it work?
Hi,





Triamcinolone cream is a steroid cream -it is similar to hydrocortisone cream (available OTC) but much stronger.





It is usually prescribed to treat itchy, irritated skin. A side effect is that it can thin and lighten your skin.





As for price, if you are in the U.S., I believe it is on Target and Walmart's (and maybe other pharmacies) $4 list -which means that one tube would be $4.





Hope this helps!What is Triamcinolone Acetonide cream and how does it work?
It's a steroid cream used for eczema. I pasted a link. this site seems to be full of information

No comments:

Post a Comment