Friday, December 18, 2009

Can Triamcinolone Acetonide 0.1% cream be used to relieve spider bite itching?

About a year ago, I had an itchy rash and my doctor prescribed this cream to treat the itching.





I recently got a bunch of spider /insect bites that itch horribly.





Could the cream work to prevent this type of itching?





If not, what do you recommend I use?





Any home remedies?





Thank you very much!Can Triamcinolone Acetonide 0.1% cream be used to relieve spider bite itching?
I had this at home for my eczema, husband got bitten by spider, it was all red, itchy and nasty, so we put it on it. It got even worse. I would suggest just plain hydrocortisone cream. By the way, when this happened, we went to the doc, and found out that most spider bites, even from non-poisonous, get really infected. Keep a watch on it. If it gets bigger or you see streaking. Go to the doc right away.





Oh...and never tried this...but supposedly a wet tea bag helps. Tannic acid and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment