Friday, December 18, 2009

I have to put triamcinolone topical cream all over my body, will I experience weight gain?

My dermatologist wants me to soak in hot water and then spread the cream all over my body to absorb the topical cream, will I experience weight gain by doing this?I have to put triamcinolone topical cream all over my body, will I experience weight gain?
Probably not unless you really overdo the amount of triamcinolone you are applying or you apply the cream for many months or years at very high dosages. The treatment with triamcinolone that you describe is a standard treatment for extreme itching caused by one type of cutaneous lymphoma. I have never read about weight gain associated with this type treatment when used as a cutaneous cancer treatment. Just don't glob on huge amounts of the cream and follow your Dr's dosing instructions carefully. Triamcinolone taken internally is much more likely to cause some slight weight gain than the topically applied cream.
  • mortgage lenders
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment