Friday, December 18, 2009

I have plaque psoriasis, does desoximetasone and triamcinolone creams work the same?

I was first prescribed desoximetasone, which seemed to work good, however was very expensive. I was then prescribed triamcinolona cream, and I was wondering if anyone know if one was better or what. Thanks!I have plaque psoriasis, does desoximetasone and triamcinolone creams work the same?
Desoximetasone is a higher-potency corticosteroid than triamcinolone, but triamcinolone may provide just as much relief. You generally obtain the best results with ';combination therapy';, when you use a topical corticosteroid along with a medication like salicylic acid and or a vitamin D cream (calcipotriene). However, phototherapies are more effective than drugs and have fewer side effects than most systemic agents. In a 2000 analysis comparing psoriasis treatments, an advanced phototherapy called narrow band UVB achieved the highest complete clearance rate (86% of patients).





Good luck!I have plaque psoriasis, does desoximetasone and triamcinolone creams work the same?
My daughter has severe psoriasis. One thing that can help is tanning , either natural or go to a tanning salon. My daughter also has diabetes and some of her medicine gives her a bad reaction when she is exposed to the sun or tanning salon, so she is unable to use this type of treatment. It does work tho. She has done it, but she gets sick when she does.
My best friend has psoriasis and he wasted so much money on desoximetasone creams. He later switched to triamcinolone creams and it worked the same and was cheaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment